About: Engage students and parents with interactive portfolios using Seesaw.
Seesaw Playground 9:00-10:30am
Agenda: 9:00-9:10 – Intros and ensure iPads have Seesaw installed 9:10-9:40 – Join Seesaw class and complete teacher activities 9:40-10:10 – Teachers create their own account. Teachers collaborate to create activities and then post 10:10-10:25 - Join iPad community & Review rollout guide & activities
10:25-10:30 – Take survey
Let's Write an eBook 10:30-12:00
About: Learn the basics of how to create an eBook using Book Creator and Story Kit on iPads.
Agenda: 10:30-10:40 – Intros and ensure iPads have Story Kit and Book Creator installed 10:40-11:00 – 11:00-11:20 – Book Creator 11:20-11:50 – Create and share. Participants have time to create a book and share with class.
You can work independently or with a partner to create a short story about one of the following:
- Write a short story about the life cycle of a plant as if you are the plant. Include these stages: Seed, Seedling, Plant, Flower, Fruit
- Write a short story using how objects can move: straight line, zigzag, up/down, back and forth, round and round,fast / slow, etc.
- Write a story about someone that learns to understand the difference between what they want and what they need to survive.
- Create your own legend that reflects your beliefs, customs, language, and tradition.
- Write a story about how the plus sign and minus sign, despite their differences, learn to get along.
1:00-2:00About: Learn how to create QR Codes for creating digital listening stations plus other apps for accessing and audio books.
Agenda: 1:00-1:05 Intros 1:05-1:20 – QR Code Creation using Safeshare.TV 1:20-1:35 – Epic! 1:35-1:50 – Sight Word Videos with Apple Clips 1:50-2:00 – Join iPad community and Take survey
Digital Storytime 2:00-3:00About: Learn how to transform students into digital storytellers using and Adobe Spark.
Agenda: 2:00-2:05 Intros 2:05-2:25 – 2:25-2:50 – Spark Video
2:50-3:00 – Join iPad community and Take survey